Get Quick Quote
When Should Your Roof Be Replaced?
Although various factors such as materials, weather, and sun exposure can cause your roof’s lifespan to vary, most experts recommend replacing your roof every 20 years or so. If you don’t know how old your roof is, examining the shingles for signs of wear and tear can be a great indicator, or you can contact our team to evaluate it. Repairs, proper care, and maintenance can extend the life of your roof, but if you’re experiencing frequent issues like missing shingles or leaks, it’s a sign that your old roof is no longer fit for the job.
7 Signs You Need Roof Replacement
- Shingle edges are curled or shingle tabs are cupped.
- Bald spots where granules are missing.
- Cracked shingles.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old; while many shingles today are produced for durability, many factors can accelerate the aging of shingles.
- The roof just looks old and worn.
- Neighbors are getting new roofs. Homes built around the same time period can be experiencing the same types of weather conditions can mean that your roof is nearing its useful life.
- Dark streaks. Airborne algae cause dark streaks on roof decks. While this may not necessarily harm the roof shingles, it may not look good. Algae streaks can be removed using a 50:50 blend of water and bleach sprayed on your roof. It is important to use a low volume garden hose so you do not knock the protective granules off your shingles. It is also important that you protect your landscaping from the bleach run-off.
- Moss can grow on roof surfaces that don’t get much sunlight, especially in cool, moist climates. Moss growth can be more than a cosmetic issue. Moss holds moisture against the roof surface and overtime in freezing climates can cause damage to the granules on the top of the shingles. Moss can be brushed off but it won’t prevent it from growing again; take care not to damage the shingle surface. You may need to contact a professional roofing contractor.
Our Roofing Services
No matter how big or small the project may we – we are the roof service company to turn to!
Roof Repair Perth is one of Perth’s most reputable and reliable roof service companies. Not only are we the most skilled, experienced and knowledgeable team of experts, but we are also widely praised for our unique array of roofing services.
Our Roofing Client Reviews
Contact The Most Trusted Roof Repair Company in Perth
FAQ's About Roof Repair
Our Latest Blog and Tips
Tips and tricks from our roof repair experts and professionals